Vision & Principles
Maricopa Emergency Medicine is committed to creating the best emergency medicine residents by underscoring the following principles:
- Creating a dynamic, versatile learning community that encourages utilization of evidence based clinical practice and life-long learning through integration of bedside and didactic teaching as well as innovative technology.
- Graded and progressive responsibility with appropriate supervision.
- Challenging you to be the doctor you want to be by cultivating individual interests
- Promoting advocacy and mentorship for our residents.
- Achieving balance between the personal and professional goals of the emergency medicine resident.
- Strengthening the long standing tradition of pride and support.
- Cultivating a climate of academic scholarship and inquiry.
Our organization’s primary duty is to develop board certified emergency physicians with the skills to be leaders in emergency medicine. We aspire to be a close knit, supportive residency that ensures residents excel in the pursuit of professional and personal goals while fostering a culture of academic excellence and service to the community.